Sunday, October 7, 2012

Greg's Easy Pumpkin Soup

One of my favorite recipes to make at home also happens to be one of the easiest!  I thought I would share with you how to make some very simple, but very delicious, pumpkin soup.  Here's what you'll need:


~2lbs. Pumpkin (yes, it's canned and yes, that's all right)
1 medium onion
Handful of bay leaves
1/4 cup flour
3 cups chicken stock
Fresh grated ginger (powdered will do in a pinch)
Cooking oil
Salt and pepper


Chop up your onion and heat up some oil over medium heat in your pot. 
Cook the onions until they are soft and brown.


Bring down the heat and add your chicken stock, flour, pumpkin,
ginger, bay leaves, salt and pepper.


Bring the pot back to a boil (be careful not to have it bubble everywhere!)
If you want a bit of heat, throw in some hot sauce.  I like the Rooster, personally.


And then it's ready to serve!  A little garnish is nice, like pumpkin seed oil, sour cream, or maple syrup.



See, wasn't that easy?

Credit goes to Mom for emailing me the recipe when I was homesick in Ireland 5 years ago!

2 comments:

  1. Did they have canned pumpkin in Ireland or did your mom have to mail it to you? Either way, this looks like an excellent fall soup :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took some searching, but I found canned pumpkin at an Irish health food store!

      Delete